Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Last Words to You.

Throughout my life I wondered,

What life would be like in misery,

Without you , and mom, and dad.

But I had all I needed and you were my sunshine,

Then I went to Darfur and saw those starving angels,

There eyes filled with pain and lips all curled downwards,

Walking around those streets my heart cringe with hurt,

Seeing my these innocent lives starving to death,

I felt nothing but guilt about living a life of no worries.

How I saw the injuries but never helped them heal,

How I sat there and did nothing, absolutely nothing.

I came back home, with an awful lot on my mind,

My heart still with those eyes that looked up to me in hope,

I started to look for support to go back and lend a hand,

And when turned away by all, I had your strong hands,

You let me know you cared and so will others that feel,

The same pain as mine, yours and theirs.

I want to thank you, for being so accommodating

When I had no one and nothing, nothing and no one, at all.

Now I have not many breaths left,

Not many days left, not many hours left

So here I am with my goodbyes,

My wish is that my message is carried

Remember my death,

Spread the word, and help your people!

– M.S.I , 05/30/07

Live, Love, Laugh.
-Maira

No comments:

Post a Comment